Monday, December 10, 2012

Stephen Curry got a technical foul

I happened to notice his name in the box score under technicals.  What?! So a little googling and this blog post came up.  It seems that Steph is really becoming a star.
Coming into this week, Curry had a grand total of one technical foul in his career. Just one. It came so inconspicuously that I can’t find a single reference to it anywhere, other than that it happened. Personally, I can’t remember it either. This one against the Nets was memorable. After going down off a hard screen, Steph was visibly upset with the referees, not only picking up the technical, but also having to be held back before getting a second one. He was more visibly angry than I’ve ever seen him, and he made sure the referee knew it.
As a fan of the Warriors, I’m not a fan of Warrior technical fouls, as a general rule. But I didn’t mind this one. There were clearly points in the first half where he hadn’t gotten calls, and he began the second half not getting them, as well. The Warriors trailed at the time, and from that point on, they really controlled the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment