Friday, May 4, 2012

Barack -- BS all the way down

Tom Maguire reminds me of something that was discussed back before the election -- Obama's BS in his book about his girlfriend is matched by his BS about his job.  http://justoneminute.typepad.com/main/2012/05/a-composite-blast-from-the-past.html

He points us to this blogpost from way back in 2005.  http://www.analyzethis.net/2005/07/09/barack-obama-embellishes-his-resume/

 I have to say that Barack engages in some serious exaggeration when he describes a job that he held in the mid-1980s.I know because I sat down the hall from him, in the same department, and worked closely with his boss. I can’t say I was particularly close to Barack – he was reserved and distant towards all of his co-workers – but I was probably as close to him as anyone. I certainly know what he did there, and it bears only a loose resemblance to what he wrote in his book.
After explaining how all the facts are wrong, he sums it up:
 All of Barack’s embellishment serves a larger narrative purpose: to retell the story of the Christ’s temptation. The young, idealistic, would-be community organizer gets a nice suit, joins a consulting house, starts hanging out with investment bankers, and barely escapes moving into the big mansion with the white folks. Luckily, an angel calls, awakens his conscience, and helps him choose instead to fight for the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment